Friday, August 10, 2012

The Big ReVeaL

On a short visit to Tampa a little over a year ago, I had the privilege of spending time with a very inspring friend of mine, Jessica. Since I've known her, I have always been intrigued by her strong and independent spirit and love of life. She's the kind of woman with whom you would be humbled to even share one of her dynamic qualities. While Brad and I were visiting, her inspiration board caught my eye and it was quite .... an inspiration. She explained later that with her 30th birthday coming around, there were some things she wanted to do for herself and even though 30 wouldn't mark the end of her journey, it was a milestone that she could celebrate some amazing things she has done in her life. Since then, she's updated us on her journey and little did she know, she inspired me to make a "thirty before thirty" list myself.

After about a year of over-dwelling, I've come up with a list that has a mixture of goals. Some are "wild and improbable" as a new friend would describe them, others are intangible, but each of them give me a unique excitement to look forward to and a fervent desire to share the accomplishment along the way. I wonder what our kids will think about their mom, if they are able read about this journey to 30 (that at this rate, who knows if I'll even be around for theirs...but really, no rush). Introducing, my list...


 
  1. Professional Photo Shoot w/ Ayesha & Sahiyya
  2. Wedding Anniversary in Paris
  3. Weekend Getaway with Tiki & Jojo
  4. Yankees/Mets Subway Series Game
  5. Annual Music Festival
  6. Movie Extra
  7. Visit Ground Zero
  8. Sunrise Run on the Beach
  9. Volunteer for a Presidential Campaign
  10. Tour the White House
  11. Game Show Audience
  12. Saturday Night Live - Live
  13. Beyonce in Concert
  14. Join a Book Club
  15. Donate to UM School of Education Scholarships
  16. Get Published
  17. Finish Miami Scrapbook
  18. Brooklyn Bridge Walk
  19. Run for Cancer Research in honor of Dad
  20. Write a hand-written letter to our children on our wedding day
  21. Present the Winston Harrison Award at the STEP Banquet
  22. Watch a Current Tony Award-Winning Best Musical
  23. Create something new out of something old
  24. Invest $1000
  25. Take a College Class for Fun
  26. No Phone/Email after 6pm Hiatus for a Week
  27. Learn how to shoot a gun (In memory of those killed by gun violence, I feel convicted to remove this from my list - 12/17/12.)
  28. Catch a fish
  29. Visit the NC Mailbox
  30. Celebrate 30th Birthday w/ a Rooftop Dinner Party



1 comment:

  1. What a phenom list! Thank you for your sweet words about me, touched that I inspired you to do this!

    ReplyDelete