Friday, June 8, 2012

#WeddingSeason

So if you follow me on twitter, you would have noticed by now that anytime I tag a comment #weddingseason, I am probably talking about Weight Watchers or working on the wedding season bod so I can just throw on any dress for the packed wedding calendar for 2012 we have. Funny story. When I first started this tag on Twitter, I didn't think I would end up talking about my wedding. Joke is on me! Now, wedding watchers, weight season, whatever it may be, it all means the same thing. (See what I did there with the words? Not a typo... my sister is rubbing off on me with her writing skills.)

This journey on Weight Watchers has been an interesting one. I still replay the many "skinny b*tch" comments that I used to get at the J-House sometimes when I walk into a WW meeting. Sometimes I wonder if people look at me and wonder why I am in there but I've learned to look beyond that. This is just something I've had to do for me.

Now granted, it hasn't been that I've had to lose much but the journey to lose has been quite the experience. A year ago I wouldn't have been able to tell you that I had gained at least 20lbs since grad school. After losing 13-15, I feel the difference and now I've gotten to know me a little better.

The things I learned in Weight Watchers...

The Bad and/or Ugly...
  1. I beat myself up a lot. Not physically... that would hurt (haha...jkl). I can't tell you that there has been a week where I have gained and I haven't been beating myself up over it everyday. I just can't let myself slide.
  2. I'm a little compulsive. Thanks to Jojo... she has made this very clear to me every since she said it. If I'm tracking... I'm tracking EVERYTHING on weight watchers. If something is on my mind, something will be on my mind until the cows come home. (Who says that? smh).
  3. I'm never really satisfied with my success. I'd like to be honest and tell you that I'm so excited about reaching my goal weight and being on lifetime but I'm not as excited as I think I should be. I mean I've lost 3/4 of the weight I gained since grad school. That's a huge accomplishment but what I see is the 25% to go regardless of whether or not I'm within the healthy range now.
The Good...
  1. I am goal oriented. I mean you give me a goal and I'm going to jump over hurdles to meet it.
  2. I work very well with personal deadlines. I asked my boss the other day to give me a deadline just so I knew I had a time point when I had to finish it. This is probably why I'm loving my big Wedding Book and its checklists thanks to Katie & Lindsey.
  3. I like rewards that I can see. I've really enjoyed being able to fit into my favorite clothes without having to fight my clothes to get into it.
  4. I like vocal support. I vividly remember how accomplished I felt when one person just came out and said that they noticed that I've lost a decent amount of weight. I mean yes... SOME girls like to tell me to go eat a cheeseburger so I guess I should count that too but they know how hard I'm working. Haha. When that person said he noticed? I was like wow... I must be doing something right.
  5. The little things are always the bigger deal to me. When Brad is out to pick up a snack, on so many occassions he comes home with something point friendly. I may only say a quick thank you before I stuff myself with the WW lemon creme cake but my heart is warmed every bite that he thought to buy something within my points! Not to mention, he's been great about eating my ww friendly meals. It's the little things. :-)


So with that said, I'm off to the next juncture of my life where I go shopping for a wedding dress. Let's see where this goes! I applied for Say Yes to the Dress and my appointment is set for Tuesday, July 3rd at 10 at the lovely Klinefeld's. It'll be my last stop before I head back to Wilmy to relax with my love for the 4th of July. This quote is something I need to remember as I continue to trump my negative thoughts. I should be more excited about marrying my prince charming and having the privilege of trying on a wedding dress THAN freaking out over whether or not I lost enough weight for me to be happy with the body I'm putting in the dress. I need to begin to like myself just the way I am with a sprinkling of a desire to continue to be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment