A week has gone by and I am still very excited about this new chapter in our lives. It has been truly been quite a ride with such a busy week at work filled with banquets and various events and to-dos for work. One of our favorite parts about being engaged is being able to tell the story to those individuals we are so close to. Last week, I attempted to write a list of our favorite reactions and for some reason, blogger did not save it. So Brad and I are going to try this again...
Our memorable reactions come from friends, family and students. All the individuals who seemed to be as thrilled we were about our engagement! We truly loved hearing everyone best wishes and kind words but these... they were hilarious!
Jojo
I called her and asked to facetime her. I told her shortly after our connection came through, I told her that Brad and I were engaged and her shrieks began. They didn't really stop even though she tried to ask me numerous times how he did it... everytime I started the story, she'd shriek. When I finally got to attempt the beginning of the story, I got choked up. I'm convinced she worked me up lol. Needless to say, the remainder of the night, there was a group text between me, Tiki and Jojo until the sun came up. Cherished moments...
Tinsley
Hilarity. I texted Ryan the morning after to share the news and he made sure to make 3 pointers that motivated me to create this blog! I kept on wondering what the best way to remember all the comments we got aside from just retweeting. Here are the three profound pointers:
1. Congratulations!
2. I'll guard the ring with my life.
3. Thanks to Brad for not giving me a 24 hour heads up. He really is a Kobe fan. Just shoots without thinking.
Char & Ryan
I can't help but crack up when I think about their reaction. We waited to tell them in the morning because we were quite engulfed with telling family. Brad sent a picture and they were so excited...ok so maybe Char was so excited... this was her reaction...
What makes this funnier... she's Asian... just saying.
Megs & Katie & the rest of NRHH
So Brad is the advisor of the student organization, the National Residence Hall Honorary. They meet Sunday evenings and they were the first to see him after we made it Facebook official. Let's just say, when he walked in he was greeted with so many students and a sign on the dry-erase board that said "Congrats Brad & Jem". I wasn't around for this greeting Brad got and I was pretty content about it. I was at the nail salon making sure my fingers matched the rock I was holding.
Megs had a special greeting shortly after. I was in my office semi-hiding from the students until I could gain my composure and as I opened the door she walked out of the bathroom across from my office and you would have thought she just found the winning lotto ticket. One jump in the air and consistent Yes!s cracked me up so hard I was probably as red as a little brown girl like me could get.
Bianca (Brad's Mentee)
Brad texted Bianca to share the news and got sidetracked into talking about her job search. She inquired about how mine was going and when Brad shared that I got the job, she said, hmm might be time to settle down. Brad says yup and sent the ring pic. We can only imagine how she was caught off guard... her wish... our command. haha
The Girls
There was a running joke between me, Katie & Lindsey about how I practiced my "proposal" face during shower time. I told them it looked like the picture below... it didn't but the picture made me laugh endlessly. In that same conversation, I told them that I'd send the picture whenever it went down and that's how they would know... I kept to my promise and they hated to love me for it... haha


No comments:
Post a Comment