Sunday, October 20, 2013

#11 - Can't Say We Never Tried

So in my 30 before 30 list, #11 has been something that I've been putting off for a while. How on earth are we going to get in a game show audience? Have mercy. We don't live in Atlanta to watch Family Feud with Steve Harvey and the closest we get to being in an audience for Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune is watching it in the comfort of our home. What's a girl to do? How about we go big or go home?!

Today, we applied to be on the Newlywed Show.

This may have been the most intense application I have ever completed. I almost felt like it may as well have been our pre-marital counseling questionnaire! While I spent just about the WHOLE MORNING completing this, I'm pretty excited to see the outcome. I'll cross my fingers that this really happens for us and you should too. Not only will it mean we get to make a trip home to NY but it also means that we can get this #11 knocked out. At least in the end, we can say we tried.

Here are some fun questions and answers for our 27 question application:

#3 Describe your first date.
Our first date is a toss up and we probably have different dates we say would be our "first date". Such is life when you fall in love with your best friend. As best friends, we used to have bestie-dates each week. It was during one week's date when I began to feel fireworks for the first time. We had decided to go watch "500 Days of Summer" in the on-campus movie theater. The students we supervised saw us and kept teasing us throughout the movie because at the time, they all believed we were in denial about liking each other. After the movie, we went to the county fair and for the first time, Brad pseudo-cuddled me in line waiting in a food line and eventually that led to us holding hands. We didn't kiss that night but it was the first day that I began to burst with butterflies every time I saw him. 

#9 What do you love about your spouse?

There is so much that I love about Brad. His sense of humor was the first thing that caught me. He is one person that I have laughed with the most and have felt so comfortable with being silly. I often hash tag tweets as “ish my hubby says”. The man is a man of hilarious one liners. SO much so, I wrote a blog entry to our future children with a section called “Things Your Dad Says” that includes none other than “The only instagram my children will know about it the one they will learn about in math class, along with milligram, megagram and kilogram.” 


#26 - If you knew me, you wouldn't believe that I...

farted in my sleep so loud that it woke me and Brad up the first time Brad ever slept over... and he still married me.

Maybe my only regret from our application process is choosing this picture... I wish I had picked something better...but who knows, maybe it will do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment